Monday, January 24, 2011

Lindsay - Book Title About Your Life

"If you were to publish a book about your life, what would the title be? Why?"
January 24, 2010

This was actually a really hard question to answer. I want a title that reflects how life is full of seasons. Seasons that are unpredictable, always changing, constant and surprising. When I was a little girl I never would have imagined the story that God has drawn out for my life so far. It's incredible how hindsight works! I can see how different people impacted my life and changed me for better or worse, and how I always seemed to be at the right place at the right time in order for God to fulfill His purpose and plan for my life. I can also see the times when I was far from God and how He was still so very present and at work in my life.

I was asked this question in a grad class one time, and I think my title had something to do with a quilt. A true quilt is one that has many threads and colors and patches and patterns that work together to make a beautiful masterpiece. It's very hard to find two quilts that are the same. I think that was my title A Beautiful Masterpiece. Anyway, I'm not having any real breakthroughs for a title. So I'll just go with something like, oh, I don't know, Constant Grace in Uncertain Seasons.


Why? Well God has been The Constant, no matter what I've done, His grace is sufficient for me. No matter how selfish I am or undeserving of love, His love is unfailing. Life is full of uncertainties, and unsteady times, but having the hope in a God who can't be removed or shaken is all I need to walk through those uncertainties.

Life won't be easy guys, but with "the Word as a lamp unto your feet, and a light unto your path" (Psalm 119:105 and a song you'll hear mommy sing to you a lot), you will be able to face many storms. Remember to "trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, but in ALL you ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path" Proverbs 3:5-6. I love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment