Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lindsay - 1st date

"Tell about your first 'real' date. Who was it with? Where did you go? How old were you?"
January 17, 2011

I wish I could say that my first "real" date was with your daddy, but I did date a couple guys during high school. Some people say this is good, because then you can know more of what you want in a mate. However, if I had to do it all over again, I probably wouldn't date anyone until after high school; because let's face it, you can't get married when you're in high school, so what's the point of dating? It can be fun, but it really just leads to a lot of broken hearts. Dad and I haven't talked it over yet, but there will be some type of dating rule(s) when that time comes around for you guys...a long, long, loooong time from now. :)

My first date didn't make that much of an impression on me, because I had to ask Gigi if she remembered who it was with and what we did! I couldn't even remember. We think it was a double date with my friend Lindsey Freidly. I think they guys picked us up at Lindsey's house, and then we went to the movies. I have no idea what we saw, but it was probably some lame movie.

Since that guy didn't make much of an impression on me, let me tell you about a guy that left a major impression on your mama. :) About 6 years ago your dad asked me to go to the Christmas party for his work. That included a night out to see Sight and Sound's, Miracle of Christmas. We went with Dwayne and Meghan, and decided to go out to eat after the show. We ended up at Kalhoun's (which was where I got my first and only waitress job for 3 months and quit)! I should say that I assumed I was just going as a friend with your dad, but I thought he would at least pay for my dinner since he asked me to go with him. I think he's made up for it, but I definitely paid for my own dinner that night. At the end of the "date" I said, "Thanks, I had a lot of fun. Have a good night." And that was the end of it, or should I say, that was just the beginning.

About three weeks later I turned 20, and I got a text signed "BFunk" asking me if I wanted to go out for ice cream or do something for my birthday. I wasn't exactly sure why your dad was asking me to do something since we were "just friends," and how the heck did he know it was my birthday? (We hung out with the same group of friends, and went to the same church together). I remember calling Meghan and being very confused. She just laughed and told me to have fun and go with it. Well your dad must have enjoyed himself, because the night I turned 20 was the first of many dates to come. Since it was a week night, I suggested we just watch a movie, because we both had to get up early to go to work (your dad was excavating, and I was working at my beloved coffee shop). So we hung out and watched Cheaper by the Dozen. Your dad is a gentleman and made no moves on me that first night or even hinted that he was interested in me, which made him mysterious and started to attract me to him. Who was this guy and why did he want to hang out so much? He made his intentions known a few dates later, and that began the roller-coaster relationship that neither of us could ever give up! It was all worth it, and if you want the details just let us know, we'd be happy to share with you.

Oh, and in case you're interested, the first "real" date I remember going on after we were an "official" couple, was to Olive Garden for Valentine's Day, but it was so packed that we made our way to Panera which has been a favorite place to eat ever since! I love you forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment