Monday, January 10, 2011

Lindsay - 5 Things I'm Fearful of

Ok, so the phrase "...but mommy I'm scared of _____." was a phrase I used a lot as a kid! However, as I grew up I learned that I didn't need to be afraid because Jesus was always with me. (Right now you should look up Isaiah 41:10 and read it for yourself. I love you). I've found, even though I'm only 26, that what you're afraid of changes throughout your life, yet follows the same theme or pattern. So I'm going to break it down into categories and maybe go into some detail of different times in my life when that specific fear was more prevalent.

1. FEAR OF LOSS
This is by far my biggest and most selfish fear. When I was living at home, my biggest fear was losing my parents. I'm sure that may be one of your fears too. If I lost them, who would take care of me? When I got married, I was afraid of losing your dad to some type of accident at work or when he was driving to and from faraway jobs. Family means so much, that to lose people you love with all your heart is something that would break mine into a million-gabillion pieces!

2. FEAR OF LOVED ONES NOT BEING SAVED, AND SPENDING ETERNITY IN HELL
As I grow up, this one is more and more realistic because I can grasp a little more each day how real eternity is. My prayer for you is that you would love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. Your dad and I will do our best to raise you in the ways of the Lord so that your eternity will be one that is spent with your heavenly Father.

3. FEAR OF FAILING
I'm a perfectionist, as I'm sure you've figured out, and you may have inherited a little bit of perfectionism from your dad as well. Sorry guys! This lovely character trait may get the best of you at times, but know that you are fearfully and wonderfully made, and we're all sinking in an ocean of grace and mercy!

4. FEAR OF LOVED ONES BEING HURT
This one is pretty self explanatory. No one likes to be hurt or see other get hurt, especially if you love them. So use your words carefully, and know that your actions speak loudly. "Hurting people hurt people." I hope that you know you are loved so that you can only love others. Let your lights shine!

5. FEAR OF ACCEPTANCE
This will be a big deal when you enter the school arena. We all want to be accepted. It's just in our human nature. The problem is, we should really only concern ourselves with pleasing the Lord and doing what is favorable in his sight. But, the world gets the best of us, and we end up doing stupid things to gain the acceptance of people. In the end, the only thing that will matter is if you lived a Godly life. I'll talk to you about the stupid choices I made when you get to your teenage and high school years. I hope you won't have to deal with this fear, and that you may be a confident child of God who knows that your identity is in Christ alone!

6. FEAR OF STINK BUG ATTACK/PLAGUE
Yes, these stinky creatures have invaded our lives. Hopefully the razorbacks will be extinct by the time you're old enough to read this. I would hold you in my arms and run around screaming as the bugs dive-bombed and helicoptered around our heads. The only way to kill them...toilet death. One, sometimes two, flushes is all it takes, and they're gone - into the deep dark deathly sewer where they belong.



I know these are pretty deep and heavy things...well except fear #6. I'm a super, deep thinker. Believe me, I wish I could say I was really afraid of spiders or something like that. Oh, I did forget one, SNAKES! UGH! The grossest creatures on earth! And don't try to be funny and hide a fake one in my bed like your uncles did when they were younger! I love you forever.

2 comments:

  1. There are SO many things I am fearful of. Still am. Thanks for your honesty. So true that Jesus is ALWAYS with us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete