Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Meghan: Tell about your first real date.

Tell about your first real date. Who was it with? Where did you go? How old were you?

I would have to say my first "real" date as far as I can remember was with my friend Lucas from church. I think it was the summer going into my freshman year of high school and I was 14. I guess this was what I considered my first date as it was the first time I went anywhere with a boy. We went to a circus with his parents. Quite honestly I don't remember much else from this so called date.
I believe my first date alone with a guy was with Jeremy. Jeremy also went to church with me when I was younger but then his family moved away to Colorado. His grandparents stayed in Lancaster and every so often Jeremy and his family came to visit. One year I believe when I was 16, so at some point during my sophomore year of high school, he noticed me and wanted to take me to dinner. Since I had not yet really gone anywhere alone with a boy I had to ask my parents. They must have said yes, because we went to dinner at Haydn Zugs in East Petersburg. I remember being nervous for many reasons. One I really didn't know Jeremy all to well, two I never went to a nice restaurant with a guy, and three what do we talk about! The night as far as I remember went great I was rather nervous though about the prices of the food, so I only ordered shrimp cocktail and that was it! We remained in contact for awhile by letters but just remained friends.
I'm a little short on details on this because it has been a long time. My biggest prayer for my children and dating is that their experiences would be positive and their choices be wise. As far as rules well we aren't there yet so that'll be answered in time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment